Thursday, June 16, 2011

Would I Tolerate An Internet Affair?

For the record, I’d like to say that if my husband had an affair, I’d kill him.
I’m not sure I’d be able to forgive him. I’m not sure I’d be able to have sex with him again. (And this is coming from a woman who enjoys having sex with her husband.) But more, I’m not sure I’d trust him. And since I’ve been through a divorce before, I know that a marriage can do without a lot of things, but it cannot do without trust.
Right from the get go, I told Andy that if he was going to have an affair, please refrain from telling me. That’s right. I said, “Unless you’ve fallen in love with someone else, I don’t want to know.”
“I just want to know one thing,” he said. “Who are all these women that are after me? Who are all these ladies that I’m having affairs with?”
For those of you familiar with my writing about my husband here on this blog know that while I might like him to look like Johnny Depp, he might be closer to looking like a cross between Robin Willams and John Denver. 
Okay, so there’s that.
I have been cheated on—twice. The first experience was at 20. My boyfriend was still in love with his ex-girlfriend and endlessly talked about her through our entire relationship. For a while I thought she was the third wheel, until I learned through multiple witnesses that he had been making out with her all over town and realized, Oh shit, I’m the third wheel. Took a few years to recover from that one.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin