Sunday, April 24, 2011

Keratin: The Hair Treatment That Changed My Curl


An Ode to the Keratin Hair Treatment
For years, I spent hiding
from humidity and rain.
My frizz circled the globe
in an untamed mane.

My curly tentacles were oft found
tied up in a bun.
The poor tresses, you see,
didn't get much love.

Hours and dollars were spent
testing plenty of products.
As a teen, I'd coat my locks
with chemical straightening dollops!

Pools were nixed
Rubber bands on my wrist fixed.
My son, one day, said, "Mommy, you're so scary"
"Why?" I asked. His response: "Too hairy!"
(See this hair post for recap,)

My hair dresser said,
"You're a keratin candidate."
"Your hair will shine through
in weather you hate!"

My thoughts were of worry;
the process took four hours.
Until I witnessed my hair's loose curl--
and was amazed by such power!

A week of humidity
and my curl is still perfected.
Every penny was worth it.
Oh frizz and kink--you've been rejected!

Me, and my proud moment of non-frizzy, relaxed hair.
I hear angles chanting in the background behind me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a keratin user too. Best hair of my life. I have watched with dismay as recent reports have confirmed that yep, it's alive with formaldehyde, no matter what the box says. I'll probably keep taking my chances though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no-frizz vs. poison. hum. good debate, but no frizz-wins every time.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin