Friday, April 22, 2011

Diaper-Free Babies. Huh?

Exhausted parents + poopy diapers = anything convenient you put into my hand, including a disposable diaper.

Granted disposable pile up in landfills at an alarming rate, but many folks are going a green route and using a method of "elimination communication" with their babies instead of diapers. This is nothing new. Many cultures all over the world, don't, and haven't ever, used diapers. Instead, they train a baby from day one with cues and sounds. Hummm... can't see myself doing this in the middle of the night, but I commend folks who do. In fact, one friend did--successfully.

Seems like a fitting post for Earth Day. Also a great way to shout out my new blogging gig at Organic Authority. My first assignment: Diaper-Free Baby, Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin